Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Last Best Cure: My Quest to Awaken the Healing Parts of My Brain and Get Back My Body, My Joy, and My LifeThe Last Best Cure: My Quest to Awaken the Healing Parts of My Brain and Get Back My Body, My Joy, and My Life by Donna Jackson Nakazawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very interesting book which offers the science behind the healing that can come from meditation, yoga, acupuncture, and other non-medical approaches. The author is on her own journey of healing and shares openly from her own experiences. She does not attempt to abandon the medical care she is receiving, but combines it with these alternative therapies, with the guidance of a highly qualified medical doctor. After one year, she has some astounding improvements to show for her efforts. Inspiring and reaffirming of things I have also experienced in the past, and hope to recreate anew.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment