Monday, July 29, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future...: Twists and Turns and Lessons LearnedA Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future...: Twists and Turns and Lessons Learned by Michael J. Fox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this up at a dollar store, and I'm glad that's all I paid for it. It is a very short book, I think mostly intended to be given as a graduation gift, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for that. Michael J. Fox (who I previously knew very little about) quit high school in 11th grade to move from Canada to Hollywood, U.S.A. He knew what he wanted to do and worked very hard, eventually becoming a success. He seems like a nice guy, but not someone I would want my graduate to emulate (there are so many others I can think of with a lot more to look up to). But he does share some interesting lessons he has learned, and I was particularly glad to know a bit more about his illness and how he has learned from and dealt with it. It's not a profound book, but an interesting little read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment