Monday, March 25, 2013

Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: StoriesHateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage: Stories by Alice Munro
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I didn't enjoy this book. I had recently read one of her short stories and thought it was interesting, so I decided to give this collection a try, and found it depressing. I'm not sure if it has good reviews because others appreciate or agree with her perspective, or simply because she is a skilled writer. I strongly dislike the cynical view of humanity and the assumption that we are all "that way." Obviously we are all imperfect humans, but we can strive for the good and higher path. We also have great reasons to hope, which is certainly not reflected in these stories. Would love to see Ms. Munro apply her talent to a more uplifting cause.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment