Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We just got home from Magen's last high school choir concert!  It was amazingly good.  Erik Ronning, the choir director, is incredibly good, and the high school has some great talent.  Several members of the choir (and regular cast members in the school drama productions) are members of the church and it's especially fun to watch them perform.  Kendra Reynolds, a sophomore from Stanwood Ward, performed a solo to start the concert.  She played her own piano accompaniment and sang a song from Phantom of the Opera -- it was absolutely beautiful.  I've heard her perform in several concerts and I have no doubt she will sing professionally.  I love attending concerts like tonights when you feel you've been given a gift just by being there.  Magen's choir did a wonderful job, and because I had a close seat and she was in the front row, I really got to watch her sing.  She's beautiful and talented!  So what if I am her mother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment